Marist College GPA, SAT and ACT GraphMarist College GPA, SAT Scores and ACT Scores for Admission. Data courtesy of Cappex.
How Do You Measure Up at Marist College?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex.
Discussion of Marist's Admissions Standards:
Marist College has selective admissions, and in 2015 only 45% of all applicants were admitted. Students will need solid grades and standardized test scores to get in. In the graph above, the blue and green dots represent students who won admission. Most had SAT scores of 1100 or higher (RW+M), an ACT composite of 22 or higher, and a high school average of a "B+" or higher. Grades and test scores above these lower ranges will improve your chances, and you can see that many admitted students had grades in the "A" range. The Marist admissions website emphasizes that good grades in rigorous courses are more important than test scores, a statement that is backed up by the school's test-optional admissions policy.
Note that there are a number of red dots (rejected students) and yellow dots (waitlisted students) mixed in with the green and blue in the middle of the graph. Some students with grades and test scores that were on target for Marist did not get get in. Note also that a few students were accepted with test scores and grades a bit below the norm. This is because Marist College makes decisions based on more than numbers. Whether you use the Common Application or Marist's own application, the college will be looking for a winning application essay, meaningful extracurricular activities, and positive letters of recommendation.
To learn more about Marist College, high school GPAs, SAT scores and ACT scores, these articles can help:
Articles Featuring Marist College:
If You Like Marist College, You May Also Like These Schools
- Ithaca College: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Syracuse University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Stony Brook University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Hofstra University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Villanova University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Providence College: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Hartwick College: Profile
- University at Albany: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Sacred Heart University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Northeastern University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Fordham University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Siena College: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- SUNY Oneonta: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph